Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

Furniture Painting

I'd like to say that I was at an estate sale or a flea market or yard sale.
I'd like to say that at the sale I found a great piece of furniture, purchased it, and brought it home to refinish.
Alas my life is not that exciting.
The first table below is an inexpensive accent table I had purchased several years ago. The flower effect was not painted on the table it was decoupage paper. The top of the table had sustained some water damage.
I scraped off the paper, lightly sanded the table and repainted it with chalk paints. Then gave it a coat of clear wax and a coat of antique wax.






I wanted a sofa table or console table.
I found an unpainted table online at Wayfair.
I used the same technique of painting it with chalk paints and waxes.
These pieces now help to balance the mix of furniture in my dining room (dark mahogany stain wood and shades of teal painted wood) the two tables are very similar to our manufacturer painted wine cabinet. 





Our dining room table and chairs and one of the china cabinets were my mother's furniture.  I know many of you would consider painting them as well but for now I want to keep them as they were.

Linking to Pink Saturday! Have a wonderful week everyone.

6 comments:

  1. The table top pulled in the furniture color and the legs the accents. Good idea.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joy, Thanks for your visit. Hope you had a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda, beautifully painted furniture pieces. Love the color with the darker antiquing wax. Repairing a few pieces always seems to change an entire room. Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Celeste. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color choice, Linda. Beautiful work as always.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by, Linda. Just wanted to reply to your comment here too. Close-ups are it for me (my favorite in photography) ...pair them with flowers, little flowers, and you step into WONDER. <3

    Have a lovely weekend, dear friend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.