Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Be Mine ~

Elizabeth Johnson @ Wind and Honey Creations inspired me to make a Valentine Squirrel. 
If you click here you will be taken to Elizabeth's blog and her Valentine drawing demonstration. She invites you to watch her video demonstration and then try your hand at drawing the cute squirrel and then make a valentine. 
I made a Valentine Tag with my squirrel and with his bright pink heart I knew I would have to save him to share on Pink Saturday
I scanned my original drawing, then reduced the size. I printed a copy and cut out the squirrel. I used StazOn around the edges and a white Gelly Roll pen to write the heart message. 
I have much to learn and need to practice drawing more but it was fun and he is a chubby sweetheart of a squirrel.  I took an Enchanted Bird drawing class with Elizabeth last summer during the Artful Gathering Event 2011. You may remember my chubby blue bird drawing.  Click here  if you would like to see my post about drawing the enchanted chubby blue bird.
Hummm...
I'm beginning to see a trend here with my chubby critter illustrations. You know, I just had an idea, I'll be right back. 
While writing this and talking about my enchanted bird, I got the idea to make an Enchanted Bird Valentine. Thanks, Elizabeth!




An Enchanted Bird Valentine



Elizabeth teaches classes on her site and at the Artful Gathering Event. If you would like to know more about the event click here to visit the 2012 Artful Gathering site.
Click here to visit Beverly, our P.S. hostess, at How Sweet The Sound
There is still time to enter my Celebration of Hope Give Away. A $10.00 gift certificate for the Shabby Cottage Studio. The give away ends January 31st. Click here to leave a comment on the give away post. 
My daughter thinks my squirrel looks just like the ones that come to our patio bird feeder. Here is one of the visitors, it was a cloudy day.

24 comments:

  1. Darling! One of our many squirrels could have been your model. Ours are such naughty creatures...they chew holes in your siding to get inside to a warm place. They have chewed through at the peak of our roof and have had a zillion babies....we are having to have them removed and the area fixed. We are not too happy with them at the moment! But, they are cute! lol!
    HPS!
    JIl ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, He's so cute and I love the Valentine tag you've made. And how clever of you to use your enchanted bluebird! How fun!! Thank you for mentioning my classes. You know I could just stay in your blog for an hour and listen to the music. It is so happy and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute squirrel! you did g a great job on the drawing!I also like your music..very calming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Very talented. Definitely a one of a kid creation for someone special. Thanks for sharing!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your squirrel is darling! I really love this sweet Valentine! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a fabulous jobs on your tags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink Saturday, Linda!!! I love your squirrel and the beautiful tags--they are so precious!!! You did one fabulous job!! And Artful Gathering will be awesome!!!
    XO
    Cindy
    ((((hugs))) to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I am in love with your squirrel!! lol I have a special place in my heart for squirrels. You see, my Dad had a "pet squirrel" he named Myrtle and he trained it to eat peanuts out of his hand and even to climb up and sit on his shoulder! Your blue bird is so cute, too! Thanks for telling us about Elizabeth's blog. I'm headed over there now.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your art work. Mr. Squirrel is adorable and Love the little bird. Have a good day. Happy Pink Saturday!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness you are one talented person. Mr. Squirrel is so adorable. HPS!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda~
    Were you "at" Artful Gathering last year? I did Christy Meyer's class and had such a great time! Are you "going" this year? I just clicked on the link for praying for our country. I am so glad that this is going out - how much we need to do this every single day! Thanks for posting it! Just want you to know how much you bless me with your wonderful comments. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is awesome!!!
    I am known as the crazy squirrel lady in my house, because I feed them corn, and enjoy watching them on my back porch!!
    I wish I could draw as well as you, your valentines are gorgeous!
    HPS!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little squirrel and bird are so adorable! How cute they are for little Valentine tags!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your little squirrel with his sweet face! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  15. C U T E! Mr. Squirel is precious. You are so talented. Thank you for you kind visit and congrats too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for stopping by our blog tonight:) Yes, Cindy is a doll:) I love your little squirrel. Although they have nexted in our attic at one time and another, they are fun to watch:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your chubby critters are so cute, Linda! And they make such precious Valentine's cards. I'm especially fond of the sweet, little bluebird with its charming, whimsical sign. ;)

    Hope to see you at the party this week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Linda for coming by Creating Vintage Charm blog yesterday. I love your tag and the squirrel you drew is just too cute.
    Have a great week!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you did a great job, Linda! You are MOST creative!
    many blessings!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are PRECIOUS chubbie drawings! I love, love the valentines!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.