Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

It's An Enchanted Bird ~ : ' )

This summer I attended the Artful Gathering Event. It was an amazing online art retreat. I was only able to take one of the fantastic courses they offered. I decided to take a drawing class with Elizabeth Johnson. During the classes I experienced some health issues and didn't get the project finished before the classes ended. I did purchase a DVD from Elizabeth and I'm glad I did. Elizabeth is an awesome instructor, she teaches step by step instructions and she introduced me to Derwert Inktense colored pencils. They are a fun new art toy that I love playing with. Here is my finished enchanted blue bird.

Elizabeth's blog is Wind and Honey Creations.  If you ever wanted to try a drawing class Elizabeth offers online classes.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh Linda, thats so beautiful and you are talented. I love your enchanted bluebird its so pretty.
    Hope you are feeling well rignt now my friend
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Your enchanted bird looks great. Your colors blend nicely and the shading you've done with the graphite helps to make him look nice and plump. : ) I love the perky look on his face. Thanks for sharing him with us. I'm glad you got to finish the class.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like he could be hopping around in my garden right now. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog and for linking the button. I appreciate it and am glad to have found your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.