Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beneath The Sea~Spot Challenge

Beneath The Sea is the name of this weeks Spot Challenge at Dezinaworld. I didn't think I had anything to enter and I didn't have any ideas. Then I remember that I still had this gift box that I made several years ago. I've always had a thing for up-cycling boxes. For this box I used a fish pattern tissue paper that I crinkled up and then ironed the sheet to freezer wrap paper. I used Mod Podge to apply the paper to the lid. For the bottom of the box I applied torn pieces of tissue paper with the Mod Podge. The card and envelope were made using the tissue paper and freezer wrap technique. The ribbon and bow are raffia. A sea shell is glued to the flap of the envelope and a cluster of shells are glued to the center of the faux sea weed bow. I think I liked this gift box too much and that is why I still have it. I'm going to link this to June's Spot Challenge. Hop over to her blog to see other entries for "Beneath The Sea."


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Linda--I love this box--it is perfect for the challenge--brilliant!!!
    And I love this version of the song! (In fact, I was just telling Jenny about it the other day because there's also a Youtube video of him singing it before he died.) It's a gorgeous version!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that box! I sure would like to be by the Sea right now!

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, thats such a beautiful box. I absolutely love how you did this. Gorgeous work indeed. I must get myself some of that modpodge it seems to work wonderfully for so many things
    thanks so much for joining in the challenge this week
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.