Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Unfinished...

"Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished?
Yes, work never begun."
Christina Rossetti


I read this quote on another blog. I love it because it helps me to justify all the unfinished projects I have. And not feel one bit guilty for starting new projects.

These are a couple of canvas dolls (from several years ago) I left unfinished...


Work I have just Begun

The beginning of a clay head for an art doll


Now he has ears and a coat of Gesso paint


Is he puckered up for a kiss? Is he blowing his breath out?
Humm...


A second clay head. I'm thinking a little smaller doll.
Perhaps an elf fairy.


He now has a face and ears...


I have some ideas for their bodies and details but I'm not really sure what is going to be next.

My main goal is to not add them to the box with the unfinished canvas dolls.

Have a great summer weekend! Joining up with Pink Saturday. Click here to visit Beverly at How Sweet The Sound


5 comments:

  1. That's why I don't start big lengthy projects, I do ones that I can finish pretty quickly. I do love dolls though-I can already see the elf fairy.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, you have some darling UFO's to complete. I admit I have a bunch of these myself. I think all creative people do. We just like to design to many things. I know you will finish yours and they will be special. I hope I can say the same.
    Have a great week ahead dear friend. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good quote to spur on fabric artists to creativity.
    Popped by from Pink Saturday.
    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda,
    I have to agree! Better to start then to not try : )
    Many projects are waiting for my muse to come back, and when she does the project gets finished. Sometimes the project just needs to "steep" a while and then when I do return to it, I feel so much better about it. Your dolls will be marvelous when their time comes I am sure : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, was thinking of you and wanted to stop by and seay hello. Hope you're enjoying a good week and looking forward to the weekend. Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment on my new blog look. I enjoyed seeing your UFO again. I've still got plenty. They will be finished eventually. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.