Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Pink Saturday Rescue and Revive…

Last summer I found several items at a thrift store. Things I thought I would eventually up-cycle. I don’t always have an exact plan as to what I will do with an item at first. Often it takes months for me to decide what technique I’ll use. One item I found was a little stool. I sanded it a little and painted it white. Then it sat for months. Nothing would tickle my muse. I glanced at it one day and thought perhaps I could make it into a little tuffet. I considered painting it with pastel designs or making a little fabric cushion for the top. I could not decide and walked away from it again. Then one day I was browsing through the free images June at Dezinaworld has in her Olde Curiosity Shop. Oh my! There she was, the perfect little image for my tuffet. The perfect image for my “Little Miss Muffet Shabby-Chic Tuffet!”  Thanks once again to June. Another one of her awesome vintage images provides the just right inspiration to spark my muse.

The nursery rhyme is; “Little Miss Muffet, she sat on a tuffet eating of curds and whey; There came a great spider who sat down beside her and frightened Miss Muffet away.”





I’m going to put this rescued and revived shabby-chic footstool in my Etsy shop. The stool is about 10 ¾ inches tall and 8 inches wide. It has the complete “Little Miss Muffet” nursery rhyme written around the edge of the seat. Below the verse is a layer of soft, pale pink, lace. Cotton Candy and Crystal Stickles glitter drips down the legs. Strands of pearls decorate the leg turnings. A sweet addition for a little girl’s bedroom or playroom; a perfect place to perch a stuffed toy, doll, or a stack of vintage nursery rhyme books.

Thank you Beverly for the fun party each week. Visit here at “How Sweet The Sound” to connect with more Pink Saturday participants.

* GIVE AWAY - Don’t forget about entering my Celebration of Hope give away. To find out more, scroll down to last Saturday’s post or click here. Good Luck!

I’m linking this to:

25 comments:

  1. Happy Pink Saturday a little early to you! I love all your pink inspiration (that stool is adorable)!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, it was a good thing to wait! That stool is perfect with that adorable image! I love it!

    HPS!
    ♥ Jil

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling creation. Someone is going to be tickled pink with this darling piece, Linda.
    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good idea for the stool. I am sure it will find a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that stool is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda~ I love what you did with this stool! How creative!! I have a stool chair that I started painting on about 8 years ago and am still not done...now I'm inspired! Thank you for being such a wonderful blessing in blogland!
    hugs!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, what an awesome and very sweet project, how cute this one is. I am certain this one will be much sought after in your Etsy, i love it
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that is so sweet ! you did a great job with that creation.
    happy PS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. So glad I saw you at Beverly's Pink Saturday. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't this so adorable. It would be so special as a gift for a newborn or for a baby shower or in a nursery.
    Oops, I forgot it is Pink Saturday so I will say Happy Pink Saturday.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda,
    OH MY GOSH! This is totally adorable!!! And brilliant!!!! Thank you so much for putting my button on your sidebar--I appreciate it so much, my friend. Your tuffet is so precious!!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little rescue is so precious, Linda! That is truly one of the most adorable images I've ever seen. I would love to have you link this treasure to Time Travel Thursday so others can enjoy it, as well. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute and creative! I don't know how you can part with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! She's perfect for it. Your tuffet is precious!
    I'd love to see your Valentine squirrel when you get him done. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness - that is so, so cute! The image is adorable!! Perfect! Happy Weekend!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda!
    I really love what you did to your stool!
    It is very nice to meet you and I am excited to be your blogger friend! Welcome to petites passions! I am following you back :)

    xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a great idea! I have a little milk stool sucked in closet for ages that is begging for a project like this! Thank you for sharing at Etsy Cottage Style blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, that's gorgeous, Linda. The image you used is perfect!
    Always a pleasure stopping by and visiting with you. Still catching up on all the pink since I was away this Sat. Loved this.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda your little stool is so sweet!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Linda! Thanks for becoming a Friend and for joining the Cottage Craft Room party. Your post is perfect and the 'Tuffet' is too 8o) Now that we know where we are in BLoglandia let's not be strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Linda,
    Sending (((hugs))) your way!!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cute is this!! So adorable! Happy Pink Saturday (a little late I know)to you... Dru

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so adorable! I tried to follow but can't figure how to!
    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OK, I see I've already joined, my computer wasn't showing the followers gadget at first, right at the top, and I had scrolled down past it! Sorry, I'm still a newbie!
    I just love the adorable little tuffet!
    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.