Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Inspire ~ Encourage ~ Stimulate ~ Excite

A few weeks ago my friend Cindy Adkins from Whimsical Musings showcased a vintage baby shoe she had transformed into an adorable work of art. She is selling the shoe in her Etsy shop. She made a suggestion in her post about how the shoe would make a wonderful gift for baby's 1st Christmas. I really loved the shoe and the idea and I had a good reason to make two. We had two births in our family this year. A new grandson was born in March and a great granddaughter was born in May.

I began the quest to find the shoes. Unfortunately I could not find vintage shoes. I did find a more modern pair of white baby shoes at the Goodwill and decided they would be a perfect weight for a tree ornament. While my shoes look nothing like Cindy's shoe, her shoe was the source of inspiration. Thank you Cindy.


I love the way they turned out. I hope the babies will enjoy hanging them on their Christmas trees for years to come.







If you could use more inspiration you might want to read Cindy's new book Mixed Media Art: Living Your Passion and I know you would enjoy taking her free seminar "Launch Your Creativity." To find out more click on the link above or click on the links on my sidebar.

I'm linking this to more inspirational sites:

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a great idea!...I have a grandson on the way and have not yet purchased his tree ornament...Thank you for this great idea.
    Yours look marvelous
    ...Grace...
    via White Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love these darling little ornaments you've made, and Congratulations on the arrival of these newest little bundles of joy into your family! Happy Holidays! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Linda--These are completely gorgeous!!! And keepsakes for their whole lives to pass onto their children...WOW!!! I am speechless...and thank you so much for letting people know about the book and workshop--you are such a doll!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, these are wonderful and I'm wishing I'd made some for my kids and grandkids when they were little! I can only hope we have more on the way, lol! Thanks for your kind words on my blog and sharing about your chemo and radiation. I'm one year in, congrats on your 6th year. My son in law is 3 months past successful treatment for testicular cancer, so this year we are counting our blessings. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday, Linda!! I've got your name in my giveaway!!! I hope you have a beautiful weekend!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea. You certainly did very well on the ones you made. They should be a family treasure to pass on down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just too adorable! A true keepsake for years to come!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Linda,
    Thank you so much for posting my button!
    xo
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely!


    Hearty Pink, come and see when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful gift for a baby's first Christmas to treasure for a lifetime of memories each Christmas thereafter. I so love the looks you created. Your babies will cherish these gifts as they grow and have their own babies some day. HPS. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, what a perfect gift for baby's first Christmas! Those are heirlooms that will be enjoyed for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy comes up with the most FAB ideas & creations, doesn't she! Love the shoes ... giving me an idea now. Congrats on your two new blessings.
    Merry Christmas
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cindy sent me over. I saw her darling baby shoe & asked her to personalize it for our first gr-grand kid-ling. She just sent me pics of what she has completed, it is adorable. She was inspired by your creations which are just precious keepsakes. TY for inspiring the final outcome of our baby shoe treasure. She posted it today.

    Merry Christmas
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute idea for Babys 1st Christmas! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.