Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Red Dress Day~February 4, 2010

In Honor of Red Dress Day

Her name was June.
She liked to have fun.
She LOVED the color RED and looked great wearing it!
She truly had a HEART of GOLD...
My mother, June, passed away at the age of 85 on January 1, 2009. If I would have found all of my creative blogger friends sooner she would have loved being part of the community. She was very creative, an expert seamstress for many years. She was skilled at needle crafts. When she could no longer work with fabric and fibers due to her health conditions. She took up paper crafts. She enjoyed making greeting cards with her handmade papers and rubber stamping. She started using the computer to make her cards the last few years of her life and I know she would have loved digital arts. My sister, a talented seamstress,  and I often feel the presents of our mother when we are creating things. June, my mom, a kindred spirit.











3 comments:

  1. Dear Linda,
    Your mother was so very beautiful.
    She is very honored and sooo proud of you and your sister being creative as she was. I know she loved this tribute and is grinning from ear to ear. A mother never seperates her apron strings even in heaven.
    I think the idea of dressing our blogs up in red would be wonderful...I don't know if I can but I will try.
    Our daughters best friend passed over unto the arms of Jesus on Tuesday and her going home celebration is Saturday. I was so tickled that her final resting place will be at the foot of my daughters final resting place. I know they are laughing about it...they were more like sister twins that were best friends.
    My daughter Amy passed 9 months after your Mother did.
    Thank you for introducing me and the other bloggers to your beautiful mother,June...such a pretty name.
    Have A Sugar Sweet Day
    hugs
    Simply Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Linda,
    Your mother was so beautiful! And I love the picture of her...and can you believe I didn't know she was a seamstress? Linda, I know we are connected! It happens all the time.

    I will have my red dress picture posted soon...thank you for sharing this story of your mom...She sounds like she was one in a million.
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post Linda, as was your mother!
    Thanks for opening your heart up to us, as hard as that might have been. xoxo

    Happy Red Dress Day to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.