Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

(((ICE FISHING)))

I have decided that I WILL NOT be taking up ice fishing in my retirement. Yesterday as I drove past the lake near my home I spotted these brave souls. You really have to love fishing to sit on a frozen lake in freezing temperatures patiently waiting for a fish so hungry it is willing to bite on a frozen morsel hanging on a hook. The bravery I think is in walking out to the middle of the lake and cutting a hole in the ice for the fishing line and then sitting on a stool near the edge of that hole in the ice. I am not brave, notice my photos are all taken from the solid ground on the bank surrounding the lake. Yep! creating things inside a warm cozy home is what I plan to do. I might consider other options in Spring! 




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, aren't they brave souls, indeed? I feel cold just looking at the pictures! lol I wouldn't be taking up that sport either, but I have a feeling that my husband wouldn't mind a bit!

    I hope you're doing great!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.