Monday, December 10, 2012

Apron Magic Inspires Cookies...Sorta'

Cock-a-doddle-doo! The apron has news for you...
 Yes, those are cookie cutters...
If you're thinking...that cookie dough has an odd color.
Well, that's because it isn't dough it's clay. The kind that air dries.
I love the chickens and the egg pattern on the apron!
 No that isn't an elf...
Yep, it's me wearing the apron...
to make clay Christmas cookies. What's that? You want the recipe. Umm, aah.

You will need Das clay (or whatever clay you like to play with)
Cookie cutters
A rolling pin (cover it with wax paper to protect it)
Cut off a piece of clay. Kneed it and mold it into a ball. Slightly flatten the clay ball and then roll it to your desired thickness. Cut out cookie shapes. Place the shapes onto a paper lined cookie sheet to dry for 24 hours. Turn the shapes over every few hours while drying.
When the clay is dry, paint or decorate the shapes as you desire.

You may be wondering why I still have the apron. I too thought by now I'd be sending it on it's way to meet our new Traveling Apron Sister but here is what has happened... 
"THE BUSIEST TIME OF THE YEAR ARRIVED!"
As you may know, if you have been following the apron, the apron picks the next sister. Well it told me who should be next so I contacted her. She was delighted and excited and was so happy to be selected. However, she asked one favor of the sisterhood. "Could the apron arrive after Christmas?"
Susan, the apron maker, and Meggie, the sisterhood initiator and a few of the other sister's felt it was the apron's choice to spend more time with me and then leave to begin the new year with our next sister.
Who is she? I'll tell you soon! 

7 comments:

  1. A very cute apron, and a great idea with the clay cookies! I hope we get to see the finished ones!
    Happy Holiday!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ,hasn't that apron experienced a lot!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, Oh I love your clay ornaments using your cookie cutters. Years ago I created these using homemade bread dough for the clay. Now with the new clays in art shops, it would be so fun to try this again. You have inspired me with your idea. How fun you will have the apron a bit longer. I bet you will find more to share while wearing it.
    Happy Creating, Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think spending extra time with you is so great! I love that you are making ornaments. Now if we could just figure out how to make an apron ornie for each of us that would be amazing.

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Linda,
    How fun to make clay cookies! I have seen this before but have yet to try it myself. My son once made a clay cookie at school and it still (20 years later) smells like cinnamon!
    Happy Holidays!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you're making clay cookies! I made "applesauce & cinnamon" ones one year and loved doing them as much as baking edible ones. The apron guides you...XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice of the apron to spend Christmas with you. Love your clay cookies too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.