Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tag Tuesday ~ March 29, 2011 ~ Vintage Sewing

Yes, I know it's Wednesday but I want to show you the tag I made for this weeks challenge at the Blog Challenge Garden. The theme Rebecca selected for the tag this week is "vintage sewing". I looked to see what I had on hand in images and then I remembered that I had this vintage sewing needle packet. It was my mother's. I scanned the front and back of the original (the one on the right). I re-sized it and printed the two images onto photo paper, cut and glued the pieces together. I think it looks like all the needles are real in the reproduction, however there are only two real needles stuck into the small piece of gold foil paper that I glued to the top section. I added a button closure to the top of the needle case. I glued the case to the tag. The tag background is a vintage J.P Coats thread image from the wonderful Karen at the Graphic's Fairy.  I pinked the edges of the tag and embellished it with a few threaded buttons, some lace, and cotton yarn. Click on the Blog Challenge Garden name to visit Rebecca and find a few more vintage sewing tags.




14 comments:

  1. Great tag...love it and you sure got it spot on! Diann

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever creation ... love the vintage look.
    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative and beautiful!! Really harkening back to a kinder and gentler time. I had a needle packet like that for a long time, and wish I'd kept it now. I guess they don't sell ones like that anymore, but I haven't bought any needles in probably thirty years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you tell me how you made such a lovely tag. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! I'm VERY new to this craft, and just participated in Tag Tuesday for the first time! I may be a rookie, but I had fun with it, and look forward to joining in again soon!... Love your vintage tag! I have a few items much like the ones you used for your tag, and I'm just fascinated with them! Love your button embellishments too! Nice to meet you.. ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is wonderful! I SEW wish I would have joined in on the challenge!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is wonderful! The needle DO look real in your copy! Great idea, and great job on the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Gorgeous tag! So Creative! Great Work!
    Michelle *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I love this!! Isn't that just your favorite era of graphics? I think they're amazing! So beautiful, Linda--your talent is fantastic!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is my favorite, such a fun tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing. What a clever idea and so practical. Dare I say, I am always losing needles so to have this would be so handy.
    Great retro images.
    Wishes
    Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my type of vintage I love vintage sewing items I only have a few my self but this is wonderful how you have created this sew great!

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments. I will respond to your comment via email, or while I visit your blog.